Sunday, November 27, 2011

Dorm Life!

Oh how I love apartment living!  I love being in an apartment building...most of the time.  A few days ago my neighbors decided they wanted to see if they could make themselves deaf.  I was hoping they could get it done sooner than later since it was getting close to my bedtime.

I really felt like I was living in a college dorm all over again.  The big difference was that I did not feel like I could knock on the door with a few beers and hang out.  I instead felt like the old stogy neighbor that just wanted to go to bed.  It is a funny how time can change your view of things.

This particular neighbor has been a frequent offender (OK it was just twice but I need my sleep) of my ears with late loud noise.  I guess it is all a trade off. Instead of having to cut grass and shovel snow we are listening to someone else's music when I should be listening to the sound of my ZZZs.

It is nice to have a concierge in the building that can deal with it when I do not feel like the confrontation. So I have learned that either I need to suck it up and take some drinks over or just get over myself.  In reality, I am sure I will call and complain again but such is life!