Thursday, November 10, 2011

All Aboard!

One my biggest surprises during my time in the soon to be FREEZING northeast has been train travel.  I have been on a few different trips from work to personal that have allowed me to take a train.  It has been a great experience.  I wish they had offered this convenient form of transportation when I was growing up in the south.  I have to believe that it would have been more fun than those long boring car rides! Running up and down to the dining car would have been more fun than asking "are we there yet?" a hundred times.

Arriving 10 minutes before your departure time and hopping on a train is a true pleasure. I do not miss arriving at the airport 2 hours early, the security lines, and the expensive bad food at the airport.  The food on the train is still horrible but it's cheap.  Besides the cheaper food the train offers free wi-fi and some awesome views.  The best thing may be that there is no middle seat to worry about.

If you have not tried it before come on up and take a ride!