Monday, March 12, 2012

Don't Lose Faith

 It is easy to think there aren't anymore good people left in the world but don't lose faith. There are people that do the right thing left in the world. Yes, even in New York City.

The other night when I was walking to dinner my drivers license fell out of my pocket along the walk. We went back the next morning and walked the path, called the places we had been and it was no where to be found. It was gone and I was gathering documents for my replacement drivers license.

Then it happened...our call box rang and someone I didn't know was on the other end. I couldn't believe it!  A lady had found my license on the ground and took her time to walk over to our building and return it to me. She was my angel that day.

In my 9 months here I have seen multiple good deeds.  Far more than I would have expected for such a "tough" city!  Good deeds and good people do exist in NYC.