Sunday, December 4, 2011

Street Noise

I live on a busy street in NY and it always has something going on no matter what un-Godly hour is on the clock.  We have enjoyed more than one interesting episode of 80 proof idiocy and even witnessed a few breakups from the bedroom window.

On one lovely evening I was awakened by an enormous amount of shouting only to see six fall down drunk 20 somethings stumbling and yelling outside.  They were making no sense but trying to look cool on their phones. I wish I had their number so I could tell them to keep moving! 

Another night, I had what may have been THE ultimate grumpy New York experience.  It was the middle of the night and one guy was screaming who knows what at a light pole and the second guy leans out of the window and begins screaming obscenities at the first guy for a solid 20 seconds.  This was of course followed by 2-3 other people yelling at the 2nd guy to knock it off.  All of this was happening at around 3AM.

Just a couple nights ago I enjoyed a true display of affection when one guy was daring his girlfriend to run him down with her SUV.  She tried repeatedly but was never able to connect.  While this was disturbing...I am not sure whose team I was on.  

I will close with some sound travel advice.  Get a hotel room as high and as far away from the street as you can.  You want NO part of a low hotel room facing an avenue unless you are hoping to spot some drama.  

Good Luck!!